Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Compliments

Within the past 24 hours, I received two awesome compliments. Today I received word that one of my cousins whom I’ve sent several e-mails regarding Ethiopia is considering adoption! Wow, my blog has only been up a few days and it’s already had an affect on someone. The purpose of this blog is for me to share my story as well as inspire others. It’s an amazing feeling to have accomplished that in less than one week. If sharing my story will inspire just one person to adopt that’s one more child who will have a better opportunity at life. Love you D!
Don’t get me wrong, I’m not advocating that you should go out an adopt a child. What I am saying is we as African Americans can do better. Adoption isn’t the solution to Ethiopia’s problem. I don’t have the solution, but I can’t sit by knowing that children are dying without doing something. When we travel to Ethiopia we will have an opportunity to personally deliver Humanitarian aid to some of the Orphanages. Those of you who are interested in donating a non monetary gift please continue to follow my blog, as our travel date approaches I will post a list of items needed at the orphanages. Some of which you can pick up at your local discount store for not much at all.
Compliment number # 2 came from my husband. Last night he looked at me and said, he’s never before realized how much I resemble Ethiopian’s. It’s funny because I’ve been called a lot of things from Mexican to well I better not say. But being told I look Ethiopian is a compliment to me because they are among the most beautiful people I’ve ever seen. Love you babe!

No comments: